Friday, July 16, 2010

I Love PEI!!!!

I Love PEI. No, really. I do. Ok, I'll admit-at first I was skeptical...hmmmm perhaps apprehensive is a better description. Actually if I'm honest-this wasn't the first time we were supposed to move over here. Back when I met my Wife she had planned to move to PEI after graduating high school. Well, we came over to take a look around and after much discussion decided it was not the right move for us at the time.

Fast forward 6 years and several life changing situations...what should happen to fall back into discussion? PEI. Who knows why both her and I felt so compelled to move here, we had zero ties to the island and except for a fond bunch of memories from camping trips over the years we knew almost nothing about PEI. We knew nobody except for Aaron-a friend of mine that had moved over about a year before we did, Amanda had no job, and at the time the decision was made to move and our notice given at our apartment we had no idea where we were going to live. It was a bit of a risk, and it was scary-but very, very worth it.

We got to trade in this:

For this:


And we haven't regretted it for a minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment